Sunday, May 24, 2015

Vanilla & Fruit Chia Breakfast Pudding

                    Source

I know, I know. Chia-anything is too trendy right now.

I was introduced to these goopy seeds a few years ago when I worked at Life Alive (an amazing "organic oasis and cafe" in Cambridge, MA -- seriously, if you're ever near a Life Alive, you should go). Life Alive uses chia seeds in their smoothies, but the texture of the seeds is perfect for pudding (think tapioca). This recipe has been posted all over the internet with countless variations; what I'm posting here is my go-to office breakfast when I'm feeling productive the night before.

PREP TIME: as long as it takes you to pour liquid in a bowl and cut fruits

INGREDIENTS:
1/4 c chia seeds
1 c vanilla almond milk (or any almond milk, or any milk at all)
fruit (e.g., peaches, plums, raspberries, blueberries)

PREPARATION:
Pour the almond milk in a breakfast-sized bowl (I usually use something with a lid so I can bring it to work). Then, add the chia seeds and stir until most of the seeds aren't clumped together.

You're basically done at this point. This mixture needs to sit for about an hour to allow the chia seeds to absorb the almond milk. Once it's "set", you can add chopped fruit, and then you're fully done. Easy, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment